U.S. Rep. Johnson not seeking re-election
SPRINGFIELD — U.S. Rep. Tim Johnson, R-15th District, said Thursday he will not run for re-election to the U.S. Congress.
It is now up to the Illinois Republican Party to choose the Urbana Republican’s replacement for District 13 in the Nov. 6 general election.
“This is 100 percent, nothing more nothing less, than a personal, family decision,” Johnson, 65, said, according to the Urbana-Champaign News-Gazette
- November 29, 2012 Breaking news: Rep. LaShawn Ford indicted on bank fraud charges
- November 21, 2012 Breaking news: Guard Rachal leaves Bears for personal reasons
- April 5, 2012 Mayor Rahm Emanuel Converting Springfield Pumping Station to Electricity, Saving Taxpayers $7.5 Million
- April 5, 2012 Gaps seen in Illinois gun owner screening process
- May 18, 2013 AlterNet Headlines: The Real Obama Scandal: Climate Inaction | America’s Protestant Civil War | Popular Uprisings the Media Is Ignoring
- March 18, 2013 Lottery sales aren’t winning, so firm is charged $20 million
- May 18, 2012 Appeals court sides with Quinn on denying pay raises
- May 18, 2012 Illinois school chief warns of possible cuts to general state aid for schools
- April 26, 2012 Shooting might have happened elsewhere
- July 22, 2013 Night Out Against Crime is Aug 6