Suffredin Cook County tax plan in doubt as commissioner John Fritchey withholds support — for now
(Chicago) – April 14, 2012. Special Report: The fate of a plan by Democratic Cook County Commissioner Larry Suffredin of Evanston to streamline the county property tax system may be in doubt as another key Democratic commissioner is for now withholding support.
Commissioner John Fritchey (D-Chicago), who saw his own $1 million cost-savings plan to merge the offices of Recorder of Deeds and Clerk fall at the county board by one vote in March, acknowledges that county government needs more “efficiency” but is refusing to commit to Suffredin’s approach–for now.
“I think it’s axiomatic that we need to seek out efficiencies wherever we can find them, inter- or intraoffice,” said Fritchey. “I’m unsure as to how I’m going to vote for it…”
Read the complete post HERE:
- April 13, 2012 Cook County Commissioner Larry Suffredin pushes news county tax administrator plan
- April 12, 2012 Cook County health dept. waging a silent battle against cottage food, critics say
- April 19, 2012 Governor Pat Quinn pushes $2.7 billion Illinois Medicaid savings plan
- April 19, 2012 Illinois House unanimously OKs Madigan’s pension amendment
- April 19, 2012 Quinn calls for cuts, cigarette tax hike to tackle Medicaid costs
- April 12, 2012 Chicago GOP committeemen races see 4 Upsets, 27 new faces
- April 17, 2012 Madigan: IL pension amendment ‘tough medicine’
- April 4, 2012 Illinois Observer
- May 15, 2012 Peoria Pundit: Exactly what is Peoria getting by paying the mayor $32,400 a year anyway?
- December 19, 2012 ‘Capitol Fax’s Rich Miller to Be Consulting Editor at New Illinois Observer Political Newsletter’