Peoria Station: Passenger Rail ignorance gets repetitious
The suggestion of connections to Galesburg or Princeton might imply bus service (the former already exists so I doubt it). If rail, this is worse than the idea of forcing passengers to make a train-to-train connection at Normal. The circuitousness alone would deem the service unviable.
Worse is the suggestion about pushing “for a high-speed corridor from Chicago through Peoria rather than Bloomington.” No wonder Bloomington-Normal members are “adversarial.”
Too bad committees like this have to include politicians. Otherwise, good things might come from them.
Read the complete post HERE.
- June 30, 2012 Peoria Station: Solazyme Commissions Peoria Facility (Updated)
- January 28, 2013 Recent posts at Peoria Station
- April 26, 2012 Peoria Station: ‘PIA: Cargo & Passenger Traffic Up’
- June 30, 2012 Peoria Pundit: Recent posts
- July 19, 2012 Peoria Station: Fertilizer Plant Could Be HUGE Rail User
- November 2, 2012 Peoria Station: PIA vs. CIRA Passenger Traffic Jan.-Jul 2012
- May 26, 2012 Peoria Station: Frontier Begins CIRA-Orlando Flights
- May 19, 2012 Peoria Station: Frontier Airlines Back at CIRA after 11-year Absence
- November 22, 2012 Peoria Station: Pioneer Railroad Equipment Co. Ltd. – Kolbe
- February 17, 2013 Recently on Peoria Station