May 16, 2012 – 6:35 pm | by Billy Dennis
MY TWO CENTS: I went to Peoria Police Headquarters this morning to look at the police reports. No problem. I looked at police reports. I wrote them up on my computer. I handed them back and went home to publish them.
That was this morning.
I went back this afternoon. No go. I looked familiar to everyone there, but they couldn’t be positive I was a real reporter unless I showed them an ID showing what news organization I belonged to.
Well, there is no such paperwork. I’m a member of the press because I function a member of the press. I gather news and I write it up. And I sell subscriptions. Just like the Journal Star — except I am Web only.
I suppose I could print up some official looking press pass. That ought to pass muster.
The Journal Star could have, of course, given a press pass to the worst criminal off the streets and he would have full access.
Dumbness. Just dumbness.
- November 8, 2012 -- Gas prices suddenly surge in Peoria (UPDATE: meanwhile, crude prices are FALLING) (0)
- June 4, 2012 -- Peoria Pundit: The entire editorial page in Monday’s Journal Star is ‘canned’ (UPDATED) (6)
- May 23, 2012 -- Peoria Pundit: Workers? We don’t need to talk to no stinkin’ workers! (2)
- August 19, 2009 -- Celebrate Blogger’s birthday by moving to the Blog Peoria Project (0)
- April 12, 2012 -- Peoria Illinoisan: Future engineers and a PJStar fail (0)
- January 16, 2013 -- General Parker’s lawsuit against former State’s Attorney Kevin ‘Catch and Release’ Lyons may proceed, a judge has ruled (0)
- May 23, 2012 -- Guess what? The Associated Press is too busy to try to contact soon-to-be-laid-off workers, too (0)
- April 10, 2013 -- Peoria Station: Wirtz Beverage (0)
- May 7, 2012 -- Peoria Pundit: Crime reporting lacks direction in the Peoria Journal Star (1)
- November 28, 2012 -- Chief Settingsgaard comes across as small and petty in Journal Star blog entry (0)