May 28, 2012 – 11:35 am | by Billy Dennis
When I go full-time me on June 12, I plan to hit the ground running. I’ve got a little list of story ideas and I’ll be working to churn subscriber-protected content right away.
One thing I’ll be doing are stories on new businesses in Peoria — provided they are locally-owned, non-chain businesses. These are the type of businesses that drive the local economy. Chain stores just take every cent of profit and send it right out of the city. But when Joe Peorian starts a business, profits go to other support local stores and businesses.
And I’m interested in other news stories as well. Know of a government outrage? Or do you have a “good news” story to spread.
So, do not be shy. Send me an email telling me about local businesses. Or, just drop me a line to suggest stories, or to suggest photos I can take as well.
- February 17, 2009 -- Site News: It’s time to firm up plans for Blogger Bash! (0)
- May 18, 2012 -- The city gets its cut: Peoria businesses could allow video gambling under proposed ordiance (0)
- June 29, 2012 -- Issues update: More liquor store details (0)
- November 30, 2012 -- Eventually, the Peoria City Council will have to bite the bullet end enforce its own ordinances (1)
- November 30, 2012 -- Anything like this planned for the Peoria area? (0)
- May 16, 2012 -- Peoria Pundit: Some media exposure for the Blog Peoria Project (UPDATED 2x) (0)
- December 19, 2012 -- Who watches the enterprise zones? (0)
- November 17, 2008 -- Blog Peoria conquers more territory (0)
- January 26, 2013 -- New posts at The Central Desk (0)
- May 5, 2012 -- Peoria Pundit: Nothing in enterprise zone legislation addresses abuses (0)