September 21, 2012 – 12:21 pm | by The Office of Cheri Bustos, 17th District candidate
Tomorrow morning, Democratic congressional candidate Cheri Bustos will greet the Bain Bus as it arrives in Freeport during a stop on its national tour.
The tour takes aim at Bain Capital’s business practices. Bain owns Senasta Technologies, a company in the process of outsourcing 170 Illinois jobs to China. Senasta is currently forcing local workers to train their Chinese replacements.
Bustos’s visit to the Bain Bus follows a controversial event in which Congressman Bobby Schilling walked out on Senasta workers during a town hall earlier this week.
WHO: Democratic congressional candidate Cheri Bustos|
Senasta Technology workers
The Bain Bus
WHEN: 10 a.m., TOMORROW, Sept. 22
WHERE: Stephenson County Fair Grounds (across the street from Sensata Technologies)
2520 S. Walnut
WHAT YOU WILL SEE: Bustos will greet the Bain Bus as it rolls into town, meet with Bain Capital and Senasta Technologies employees, and offer her support for the “Bring American Jobs Home Act.”
- August 22, 2012 -- Bustos: Schilling, Romney are Campaigning in Iowa while 170 Illinois jobs are Shipped to China (0)
- September 24, 2012 -- Bustos Offers Support As Bain Bus National Tour Rolls Into Quad Cities (0)
- October 17, 2012 -- Bobby Schilling’s Negative Ads Brought to You by Bain Capital (0)
- October 16, 2012 -- Kudos to Cheri Bustos For Visiting ‘Bainport’ in Support of Sensata Workers Facing Outsourcing by Bain; Rep. Bobby Schilling a “No Show” Per Usual (0)
- November 5, 2012 -- Bustos’ Statement at Meeting with Freeport Workers (0)
- July 19, 2012 -- Cheri Bustos: Time to eliminate tax breaks that send jobs overseas (1)
- October 22, 2012 -- Freeport, Illinois a prime example of two visions for America (0)
- October 24, 2012 -- At Candidates Debate, Voters Will Say ‘No’ to the Man Who Won’t Support the Bring Jobs Home Act –Mr. 1% Rep. Bobby Schilling (1)
- September 20, 2012 -- Bustos: Desperate Congressman Schilling Lies In Attempt to Run from Failed Record (0)
- August 20, 2012 -- Bustos calls BS on Schilling endorsedment (0)