Well, partially, anyway.
Starting Tuesday, March 26, 2013, the left lane of Jefferson Street will be closed reducing Jefferson to two lanes from Oak Street to Persimmon Street. Motorists should expect occasional reduction of Jefferson Street down to one lane during daytime hours throughout the construction season. Crews will be working to install new sidewalks along Jefferson Street as part of the City’s efforts to revitalize the Warehouse District. Access will be maintained to the businesses along Jefferson during this project.
The City of Peoria appreciates the cooperation of the motoring public and looks forward to the completion of a successful project. If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Department of Public Works at 494-8800.
- November 6, 2012 Peoria Undriveability Update: Hey, it’s Election Day, so the the City of Peoria decides to close to some roads
- July 22, 2013 Warehouse District meeting is July 30
- March 11, 2013 Washington Street will be CLOSED until Dec. 31 thanks to warehouse district renovations
- October 12, 2012 Peoria undrivability update: Adams Street at Liberty
- July 8, 2013 Meeting Wednesday to focus on sidewalk widening on University south of Forrest Hill
- February 21, 2013 City of Peoria under a traffic collision alert
- June 25, 2012 Peoria Undriveability Update: Willow Knolls Road is down for two weeks
- June 26, 2013 Peoria Undrivability Update: Main Street to be closed Friday, no reason given because that would imply we have the right to know why
- October 31, 2012 Peoria undriveability update: Allen Road reopens
- October 17, 2012 Peoria undriveability update: Peoria County closes Riekena Road